Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yahoo Answers Model: Friendship


Have you ever checked out Yahoo Answers?  As brought to my attention by a member of my comedy troupe.  Totally Ridiculous.  example "do i need glasses yes or no?"


I try to be my own yahoo answers since they are just losers making it up anyway.  So I ask myself, I says, self,

How important is honesty in friendships?

Very.  I am a reserved but very honest person when it comes down to it.  And when I feel that people are trying to take advantage of my docile nature or not being honest with me... people I love...I express my outrage and hurt.  And boy do I express it.  But it is better to stay calm outwardly.  At least for me.  I know I can take criticism but everyone I value cannot.  And they will only see an emotional response as an attack or an attempt to guilt them (especially coming from a normally reserved individual.)  We all know ahead of time who those friends are so I know if I choose to, I can avoid this.  So I am gonna try to be gentler and less emphatic with those people in the future.  I will avoid candid explanations unless asked to elaborate on why I am refusing a request.  Not because I have to, but because I can.  And because as long as I stand up for myself and say, no, I will feel comfortable with the outcome.  It is not important to be right.  Not everyone likes a knowitall.  I do.  If I am getting on your last nerve...  Please tell me about it.  I'll consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment