Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Free Troy Davis

Angela Davis.  Jimmy Carter.  Desmond Tutu.  And even the Pope are speaking out against the scheduled execution of Troy Davis.  The death warrant (it is the 4th one) sets the execution between Sept. 21 and Sept. 28 2011.  The state Department of Corrections will set the actual date.  Davis has been on death row for 19 years. No evidence.  No DNA.  Witnesses recanted their testimonies of having seen him kill a Savannah police officer in 1989.  Rally in Georgia on Friday.


"Because of the Anti-Terrorism Bill, the blatant racism and bias in the U.S. Court System, I remain on death row in spite of a compelling case of my innocence. Finally I have a private law firm trying to help save my life in the court system, but it is like no one wants to admit the system made another grave mistake. Am I to be made an example of to save face? Does anyone care about my family who has been victimized by this death sentence for over 16 years? Does anyone care that my family has the fate of knowing the time and manner by which I may be killed by the state of Georgia?"  -Troy Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment