Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tip: How to Deal with Excess Energy

I am a very high energy person.  My body and mind are always in motion.  I like to stand on the train rather than sit etc.  My face is super-animated.  A good way for me to regulate all this energy is to exercise or write or do something draining.  Otherwise I will not make it sitting through a movie or a play or a long conversation.  Or I will dominate group settings by talking really fast, being silly, or being very serious and intense.  This is okay sometimes but can be draining on myself (especially since I am an introvert which means I refuel in private not in group settings) and others.

Adult ADHD?  Anxiety?  Don't know don't care.  It's good to have a lot of energy.  When I focus, it allows me to be obsessive and get things done that other people don't have the patience for.  Just make sure you get yours out before you socialize.  If you don't want to be super annoying that is.  I am learning it is important to put time in my schedule for this.  The quickest way for me to neutralize is to go for a short run or climb some stairs or do some push ups.  Then it's normal city.

No comments:

Post a Comment