Tuesday, November 15, 2011

True Life: I'm a Recovering (Virgo) Perfectionist

The bad kind of pride can be fear.  For me it's in the form of shyness.

Pride:  "It's okay for YOU to have problems but you can't know that I have problems.  I'm great!"

Luckily, all of my friends are super aggressive about friendship and roll out the red carpet for me.  Opposites attract.  While it's wonderful to be courted, it's relatively rare and I don't want to depend on that forever.  It's not about dumping on others (glad I don't have that problem,) it's about being open.  Pride becomes a problem for me when it keeps me from moving forward.  From communing with and receiving/learning from others.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how to 'like' this post or reblog it. But that's definitely an issue that I'm working on. Good looks in conceptualizing it and writing it out.
    I didn't know that perfectionism was "Virgo thing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Glad you can relate and are working on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You just made Virgo! Interesting.

    ReplyDelete