Monday, November 7, 2011

Keep Herbs Fresh in the Fridge

I haven't completely discovered the joys of cooking.  But I like it sometimes.  Especially when I trick myself into it.  Like instead of looking at it as a means to feed myself economically and healthily.  I think of it as an excuse to use delicious and flavorful fresh herbs.  But as my friend was telling me yesterday, her herbs always wilt or dry out within a couple of days.

Keep parsley/cilantro and leafy herbs in a cup of water in the fridge and they should last longer than a week.  They will imbibe the water and stay perky and you can stay perky about cooking.  Maybe.  Change the water every couple of days if you're paranoid like me.


Bonus tip:  Keep limes in the house.  You can squeeze them on anything from a main course to popcorn for a fun zesty taste.

1 comment: