Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reset Your Taste Buds

"Reset your taste for sugar and salt by cutting them out for at least a week. Processed foods have so much sugar and salt that you’ll practically stop tasting them if you eat these foods often. Try this experiment: Check the salt content of your favorite cereal, and if it’s more than 200 mg sodium per serving, switch to a low-sodium brand for two weeks. Once you switch back, you’ll suddenly taste all the salt you were overlooking. Same goes for sugar."


Source: http://www.rd.com/health/sharpen-your-sense-of-smell-and-taste/


gratuitous cuteness.  couldn't find a not gross pic of a tongue.

I read this while looking up how to improve my poor sense of smell (so I won't die from a gas leak or rotten food...I love my me time.)  It is also good advice for starting to eat healthier food that could seem bland at first.  Clear your palate for real.  Palate detox.  Good for after the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment