Friday, March 9, 2012

"I Am My Father"

Last night I watched the first performance of  the one man show, "I Am My Father" by my comedy troupe's (http://jumpoffcomedy.com/)  Rick Younger.  You may have seen him on every commercial ever.  I am a nosey person.  But I'm too lazy to coax a story out of you.  Give me an hour and a half performance of your life any day!  Is that really too much to ask?  Entertain me!  I keep saying I'd make a shrewd but fair sultan.  And I got to experience the show alongside Rick's wife, his mother, and their friends, and our mutual friends.  That's like crack to a nosey person.  And it was, duh, if you can see where I'm going, amazingly deep and funny.  He told of how his father was his role model and also real coooool.  And how he is becoming his father over time.  Plus he can sang!  The entertainment stars were aligned.  And his wife, Vanessa, a hilarious actress, even made cupcakes for the audience because it was Rick's Birthday.

I got to hear about things I like to say I missed out on growing up, like singing in the Church.  And those I haven't experienced yet, like having a baby.  Look out for this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment